• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Torx size help?

HenryKrinkle

NAXJA Forum User
Could anybody tell me what size torx socket I will need for the 3 throttle body screws on an '88 Renix? They are HUGE! Also, any guesses as to the size for the rear bumper caps and hatch hinge? I will be very impressed if any of you know this random fact, but it would save me from buying a whole set.

Thanks

I will check mine in AM and let you know.

X2

T-30 for the intake hose
T-45 for the TB

If you own a Jeep and plan to do any work on it other than changing the oil...invest in a full torx set. Save yourself the aggravation of being in the middle of a project and...doh!!!...it's a TORX.

X2. Get a Husky set at Home Depot instead of the Harbor Freight one, it's 5 bucks more and I've only broken them through acts of stupidity and even then I got a free replacement. There is a T50 on the seatbelts like RoadHog said, and I think even a T60 on the oil filter adapter on some years.

Also pick up a tamperproof T20 and/or T25 somewhere if you think you'll be working on the multi function switch on a 95 or later at any point. The damn thing is held down with them, why, I don't know :smsoap:

(or stick a regular T20/T25 in a lathe and bore a small hole into the center of the tip)

Back