• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

A simple question about winches, and mounting them...

Meeks

NAXJA Forum User
Anyone ever mounted a winch to the stock bumper? If so, how does it work? I don't really understand the need to buy a new bumper when my approach angle is already as good as it is.

And if I could just use my stock bumped for a winch mount.. then I would be more than happy to keep the clean look of the original. Anyone.. ?

I'm not. I'm in Canada too !

Stock bumper and mounting system aren't strong enough. Look at some proper winch bumpers (specifically they way they tie into the frame rails)

The way your front bumper ties into the unibody isn't sufficient for a winch. You need decent tie in brackets that mount with more bolts further back. The meterial of your stock bumper is thin, cannot support such a thing.

What you CAN do is look into detours backbone system, modifies your front bumper in a way that you can attatch a winch, its safe, affordable, and looks better than stock IMO. No he doesn't may me to say that.

Thanks for the info, its always good to know I can log into this website and grab the info I need.. then get things figured out.

Even though BRIANHO13 is kind of a d***hebag. But thats alrighty.. ;)

stock bumper is made out of paper mache, get somethin better. Nates4x4.com has a winch bumper for 329, if you can wait for it. (4 week lag time+1 week shipping) Also has a tire carrier rear bumper for 489. or, if you don't need that, just a plain jane rear bumper is 159 from him. Recommend checking out his website

x2 on mdl's comment, go red, help the site. It's only 28 a year.

Back