• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Machine shop in Houston, Austin, SA ect?

ratherbcamping

NAXJA Forum User
I have a 96 engine to build my stroker, but I'm looking for a good machine shop in South, Texas to do the block machine work. Any recommendations? I travel South, Texas all the time and don't mind hauling the block to the right shop.

I don't mind shipping the head off to a good shop. Any recommendations there? I also have my stroker rods, but they need to be reconditioned as well.

Thanks,
Tom

i've heard theres some decent shops in san antonio. do not go anywhere around ft hood or killeen, they will rape you on the prices and the work is half shoddy.

I'd recommend Long’s Machine and Custom Engines in San Antonio, Texas carried out my LS1 valve conversion and port and polished head flow testing. Phone 210 922 0637. Talk to Jerry.
They also did the block and head machining on my brothers 4.7L stroker with custom 5.9L valves on it too.
FYI incase your wondering about pics and the flow specs go here for my 99+ intake swap

Djjordache said:
I'd recommend Long’s Machine and Custom Engines in San Antonio, Texas carried out my LS1 valve conversion and port and polished head flow testing. Phone 210 922 0637. Talk to Jerry.
They also did the block and head machining on my brothers 4.7L stroker with custom 5.9L valves on it too.
FYI incase your wondering about pics and the flow specs go here for my 99+ intake swap
Thanks, this place sounds good.
Tom

one more thing I just talked to these guys yesterday and they are working on another 4.0L head for a buddy and said that they are getting almost the same flow numbers as my head(port and polished with LS1 valves) with the stock valves and more porting and bowl work! They are going to keep trying for even more and I'll see if I can get the numbers from the testing. you should really get these guys to do your machining. oh and FYI I do was willing to drive the distance for a good shop also and SA is about 3 hours away from Houston:cheers:

Post the flow numbers and atmospheric conditions...I am curious to see how they compare to something I am working on.

they are in the link above but here that are also from my current head on my ZJ

The stardard HO head flow
image043.jpg

My head with port and polish with the LS1 valves
image045.jpg

The machine shop I'm talking about is going even further than my numbers above and I'll try and get the head flow data from the one they are working on when they are finished with it

Back