• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

How to separate late model seats?

BIGSLVRXJ

NAXJA Forum User
I just picked up a pair of WJ seats for my XJ (already have them in) and ZJ seats for my bros XJ. They were both from junkyard units though and have glass and other crap in the crease between where the seat bottom and top meet. How do you separate them on the newer style XJs/ZJs/WJs? I tried just taking the recliner mechanism loose but that just seems to let them move more, I want to separate them. Does anyone know?
Thanks,
Collin

i removed my cloth covers and put on leather for my 2001 xj...to get them apart there was a bolt on the side of the bottum section of the seat that held the top to the bottum. took me about 10 minutes to take them apart and strip it all down.

JrTxJ said:
i removed my cloth covers and put on leather for my 2001 xj...to get them apart there was a bolt on the side of the bottum section of the seat that held the top to the bottum. took me about 10 minutes to take them apart and strip it all down.
So there's just one bolt huh?

i think 1 on one side and 2 on the other...don't remember exactly, sorry, but i can tell you it was very easy to do.

JrTxJ said:
i think 1 on one side and 2 on the other...don't remember exactly, sorry, but i can tell you it was very easy to do.
It's all good, I just have to look at them again. Thanks for your help mang.

Back