• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Activities

TORX

NAXJA Forum User
NAXJA Member
Besides scheduled trail rides, what else would you like to see take place?

I'm pretty sure the "Team Challenge" will be back again this year. The scoring will be a little more refined, and I'll be sure to have life insurance by then.

Tech Demos: We always talk about it, but is it something we want to see happen?

Movie/Slide show: I'm pretty sure we have a hookup on a projector. I thought it would be neat to compile our pictures, and then during dinner we can do a slide show. Also, maybe in the evenings we could have a movie going on either for the adults or the kids?

RC Crawl: Not sure how many people have RC crawlers, but it may be kind of fun to have a small friendly competition one night.

Any other ideas? I know once we get there finding time for these things will be tough, but it's something to think about.

i have a losi night crawler i will be bringing

i have a losi night crawler i will be bringing

My son and I will be bringing our Axial based comp crawlers, and cones for a course. Looks like we will have a 2.2 class :cheers: We will have to import rocks or improvise with fire wood and what is laying around :(

I am more than willing to do a tech demo of any variety but it has always been nearly impossible to find a decent time to do this.

The team challenge was fun last time.

I don't think we need a movie but the photos might be a cool idea?

Michael

im sure we can find a good place to crawl

I'll bring my R/C's. The team challenge course was a blast, maybe do it EARLIER in the day/evening, though? :D

Tech demos, as stated, never seem to happen. I was thinking of a quickie (15-20 minutes, plus questions) demo of HOW to inspect your front end/suspension. Seems the death wobble question ALWAYS comes up, along with "how to set my alignment" and "how to check caster", or "how do I know if my ball joints are bad", etc. This would be REALLY easy to pick one or two rigs out of the crowd, and walk through a basic front-end shakedown in just a few minutes. I'd be happy to do this if people are interested. I'm thinking it would have to happen first thing saturday morning or early afternoon, as any later I'm busy cooking dinner. :D

John

II was thinking of a quickie (15-20 minutes, plus questions) demo of HOW to inspect your front end/suspension. Seems the death wobble question ALWAYS comes up, along with "how to set my alignment" and "how to check caster", or "how do I know if my ball joints are bad", etc.

great idea.
keep it simple.
you can even use my rig as guinea pig.
im sure theres something to make fun of in the front end.
(like the stock steering)

How about some traditional picnic activities?
Old school games like the 3-legged race, egg tossing, maybe horse shoes, etc...
I'm thinking of things to get everyone together as a group and interact while John and the gang are cooking. Thoughts?

How about some traditional picnic activities?
Old school games like the 3-legged race, egg tossing, maybe horse shoes, etc...
I'm thinking of things to get everyone together as a group and interact while John and the gang are cooking. Thoughts?

yeah this kind of stuff is surprisingly fun and embarrassing.
lots of people are 'too cool' for this stuff, but they don't know what they are missing.

i think you hit a good point here - the key is to get together and interact and get to be friends!

what about the SWR test for CB's - i know my CB seems kinda.. ..not awesome.

perhaps this is because it isnt properly calibrated?

We've wanted to do this for the last 2 years without success. It would be great to actually have it happen.

What about a truck and trailer cone course (think teams of two and having a spotter) , that is if someone wants to donate a truck and trailer. Just don't let scott drive. ;)

-Alex

I worked on the schedule of events a bit tonight. On paper I have some time set aside after Friday's runs (6:00pm), and Saturday's runs (5:00pm) for tech demos and RC Comps. I think we'll end up having to see who's available at those times to see what can take place, but I hope we can get something going.

I was thinking we could try and do Masterpull Rope Splicing 101, ACRO XJ Tech 111, and maybe CB Tuning 102 (any CB gurus up for it?). ;)

As for the RC Crawlers I was thinking maybe we could get a course set up down by the river? I can't quite remember what the rocks along the bank look like, but it may be our best bet.

Back