• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Boing Clunk in front

SqueegieSteve

NAXJA Forum User
I'm driving a 98, 31's with the rubicon superflex 3.5" kit. sway bar discos disconnected. Amongst other recent mods (including a new motor) i used two stock coil isolators to level it out in the front. It's probably riding at around 4.5-5in now.
I hear a clunk when i go over potholes but i know what that is = my shocks in the front are bottoming out because they're for a 2.5in lift.
But whenever the front articulates, ever since i put the spacers in, i hear a BOING and CLUNK. It doesn't look like anything is interfering when the wheel goes up but i definitely hear something hitting when it does (even when i am off camber). Could it be that my control arms are too short? The stock bump stops are in could they be interfering with the coil?

Check the spring clearance with the track bar frame mount. The axle might not be centered well enough and the spring might be too close to the track bar mount.

Also, find a place to flex it up and look closely at everything to see where you may have clearance issues. A boing is most likely something with the coils.

Back