• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

MJ rear recovery point...

BagoXCAlum99

NAXJA Forum User
Hey all,
I'm picking up my MJ on Saturday and was curious what I could do for a rear recovery point. Theres no receiver hitch or anything so I need some sort of recovery point. Its already got front hooks.

Any help is appreciated,
Matt

easiest/cheapest route would be a class III hitch. i ran that as my means of recovery for a couple years. i ditched it cause it dragged all over the place. now i have a custom bumper.

You can drill out the hole (the one for the hitch ball) in the stock rear bumper and just put a D-ring in it. It wouldn't be nearly as strong as the other options, but it would do fine for light tugs - and hold you over until you can either buy/build a bumper or get a receiver hitch.

I wouldn't tug on anything more than a grocery cart with the stock bumper......it's tied into the rear framerails well enough with the stock brackets and 4 bolts per side, but the bumper itself is just thin stamped metal. Plus if it's like most stock MJ bumpers, it's rusted to hell beneath the paint:laugh3:

(no offense Simon;))

Class III receiver hitch is the quickest/easiest approach.

Jeff

Back