• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Can I swap seat covers?

Zoro

NAXJA Forum User
Can I swap the seat covers pictured below onto my stock 90 Pioneer cloth seat frames?

100_5654.jpg

I figure that the rears should be no problem, they appear to be the same demensions and the hog rings appear to be in the same places...It's the fronts I'm worried about. Anybody done this swap?

I don't think so. The frame work is different. I'm sure you could probably make it work. But for the time and effort to mickey mouse something by removing seat covers from the one and trying to install them on the other you are just better off removing the 4 fasteners holding the entire seat down and changing the entier seat. With the leather seats they will probably be power. if yours aren't all you need is a 12volt supply to power the electric motor. you can either salvage the 12volt feed wire from the donor vehicle or make one yourself. good luck

I kinda figured that's what would happen. The only thing is my truck is a 2 door and the donor truck is a 4 door so I need the ability to fold them to get at my back seat. Shoulda bought that 4 door...

Are your fronts the same shape as the one's pictured? I have a '90 Laredo and my seats look exactly like that, and I swapped my old upholstery for newer/cleaner non-mildewed versions a couple years ago. Direct swap, and easy to do.

This may not apply to the Pioneer, but the '90 Laredo's it is a direct swap.

there are like 30 seat variations, i have seen 4 types in 94s not including covering(leather, twill/vynil, large fiber twill). basically, if your seats look like that but they are cloth then it should work, if not, it may just be the foam being different. in that case you could swap the foam as well if the frames are the same. so to answer your question, yes, no , and maybe.

~scott

Back