• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Exhaust burnt cps, now developed miss?

redrider2911

NAXJA Forum User
This zip tie holding the wire from my crank positioning sensor broke and the exhaust manifold burnt the two wires going to the plug. There was alot of backfiring and pre igniting before i realized what was wrong, originally thinking it was a loose distributor cap or something. I have now replaced the cps but it seems like the engine has developed a miss allthough it ran perfect before. What would cause this? Could it have possibly grounded out and messed with the ecu or stator or something? I really hope I didnt blow a hole in a piston! It is a 4.7 stroker so it does have high compression, how easy is it to blow a piston? Any ideas guys I would appreciate it. Oh, and I also reset the ecu by grounding the positive then turning on the key then the lights on then off.

Normally the ASD relay would be shorted when a CKP goes bad and shorts out(all those crank, no start issues). I've had an o2 harness kiss the Borla and short the asd and then blow the pcm(it wouldn't start cause I blew the pcm's 12v supply). The shorting out could've screwed with the ignition coil--do you have a spare to throw in there?

Pull the plugs and check their condition.

Back