• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Where can i get ahold of 4.7l I6 stroker?

Shermellow

NAXJA Forum User
so my oil pump finally wore out (i believe around 10k miles ago from the looks of it) lets just say engine is shot. time to upgrade. any links and prices for the 4.7 I6 stroker, or a stock 4.0 I6 would be nice thanks in advance

Last edited:
I heard the mopar ones are crazy expensive. like 5k+. its in another thread around here.

there's a place in Maine that sells and installs a stroker for about 3800, with a core charge of your old engine. also in another thread.

well it would cost me about that much just to travel to maine lol so that dont work.

and i have 2000 XJ and i guess mopar hasnt come out with a 2000-2001 model yet? i've read that in some forums.

the only places i can find that sells the engine are titan engines, Golen, and ATK

and i've been looking for the better part of two days now.
seemings how my XJ is also my daily drivers, it sucks not having a vehicle to drive!!!

Strokers have been covered here on NAXJA numerous times from people building them to people buying them. Search around in here and in Street and Performance tech.

Clifford and Hesco sell kits, but I don't know if they sell complete motors.

Titan, Golen, and ATK are the places that come to mind for complete motors. I think you'll find most people around here built their own motors, but not everyone is willing or able to do that.

Hesco is very nice, but very pricey, however, you could go fully aluminum with their aluminum block and aluminum heads. The head alone supposedly adds about 20hp, but costs $2000

Titan is crap. Stay away. There is a reason they go by 3 or 4 different names on ebay.

ATK is one of the better companies as is Golen, and 505 performance. Hesco's are very good buy $$$$

Hesco is very nice, but very pricey, however, you could go fully aluminum with their aluminum block
They don't actually have an aluminum block yet.

the 2001 ems wont work that well with a 4.7 and i have heard of someone who actually lost power using the stock engine management with a stroker with the stock 2001 ems.

the 2001 ems wont work that well with a 4.7 and i have heard of someone who actually lost power using the stock engine management with a stroker with the stock 2001 ems.

Then you heard about someone who didnt do their homework.

People run strokers with the third generation 4.0 management all the time without problems.

that said, renix is always better, but it works fine.

You heard wrong.
With a mild cam, which is what most strokers run, the computer will have no problem with it. Put a big enough cam in there and the computer will pitch a fit. However going to an aftermarket system will of course gain you power, even on a stock engine.

You heard wrong.
With a mild cam, which is what most strokers run, the computer will have no problem with it. Put a big enough cam in there and the computer will pitch a fit. However going to an aftermarket system will of course gain you power, even on a stock engine.

I used to agree with this, until I played with Eric Filar's jeepspeed rig. He's pushing something like 300 ponies on a 4.0 (not stroked) with a radical cam, and his computers taking it just fine. Granted, he's not on a 2000 (i think 1993?) but the vacume problem should be the same.

At idle it sounds like a pro stock rig.

Back