• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

heat shield

arctycfox

NAXJA Forum User
ok, I have a 95 Xj, with no factory heat shield on the exhaust, and it's running me out somedays. I have some sweet insulted, aluminum heat shield material, but the exhaust is so close to the floor pan that it won't fit. What have you guys done to remedy the situation? I'd rather not cut and weld my hangers to lower the exhaust, as then my hangers will begin to rust. If I have to, I will, but wanted to see what others have done first. Only need to lower it an inch or so.

TIA
Adam

Then that's the problem that you're having on my 92 and 93 both of them there's some space between the floor and the exhaust system. I'd take a look at yours to see why the exhaust is so high up or if the muffler you have is just to big.

Go to your favourite Pick-and-Pull and get some from a ZJ (1993 to 1998 Grand Cherokee). They are in two pieces that fit the XJ with no modifications. I am running a set for 3+ years. I have not seen the 'Cookie Bake Sheet' but I guarantee they are 1,000 times better. The ar made with asbestos??? or whatever that white stuff is sandwiched between sheets of aluminium.

Back