• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Trac Bar end upgrade

jeepgeek

NAXJA Forum User
Have a RC 4.5 lift with adjustable trac bar. Have worn out 2 rod ends with moderate wheeling and only 31's. Does anyone know of an upgrade or better grade rod end other the the replacement from RC. Part numbers would be great. Thanks...........

Yah I've been there that's why rough country now sells a double shear track bar cause the old one sucked! I just went to autozone and got one their lifetime rod ends and every time it wears out I just walk in with old one and walk out with the new one. But its still a pain in the a** Oh and the threads are impossible to match to a heim joint. I called rc and got the thread size then went to a couple of industrial shops and browsed the joint catalog, Nothing... Then I called rc and told them about it and he says " thats why we have the new one" I say so can I get a discount on the new one since you guys recognize the crappy poor design of the old one. He says NOPE. Pissed me off. Just buy the new one its supposably thicker and double shear. I bent mine so I trashed it. If you wheel hardcore don't buy rc. If you just weekend wheel moderately you can't beat the price.

Thanks for the info. I just saw their new one on the RC site and it is very similar to Rusty's. Probably just go for the "lifetime" parts for now and go heavy duty later as I want to upgrade to a long arm eventually.

I called rc and asked what thread theirs was and they told me so I then called Iron Rock and they said the threads dont match? So you say it is and you bought and installed it? I was looking at the iron rock upgrade as well. But for the price of the upgrade you can buy the whole rc track bar setup... Oh and jeepgeek what.. you live in sabastion? I live is psl and Im a member of treasure coast Jeep club. The meeting is the 13th or every second Sat of the month. In Vero on rt 60. What year is your jeep and what have you done to it?

Well the 88 XJ is actually my son's ride. We bought it when he turned 16 as a first vehicle to drive to school. After alot of repairs, upgrades, paint, A/C work, lift, tires, bumpers etc. he's still driving it 5 years later. My ride is a 05 Rubicon on 35's (my sixth jeep). I've met with TCJC a couple of times and I attend Jeeptoberfest every year. Use to make annual trips to Tellico till they closed it. To bad cause I bought property in Murphy just because of the trails. Maybe I'll make it to this weeks meeting, I'll check the web page.

Yah I've been there that's why rough country now sells a double shear track bar cause the old one sucked! I just went to autozone and got one their lifetime rod ends and every time it wears out I just walk in with old one and walk out with the new one. But its still a pain in the a** Oh and the threads are impossible to match to a heim joint. I called rc and got the thread size then went to a couple of industrial shops and browsed the joint catalog, Nothing... Then I called rc and told them about it and he says " thats why we have the new one" I say so can I get a discount on the new one since you guys recognize the crappy poor design of the old one. He says NOPE. Pissed me off. Just buy the new one its supposably thicker and double shear. I bent mine so I trashed it. If you wheel hardcore don't buy rc. If you just weekend wheel moderately you can't beat the price.

I'm having the same problem with them.

Why not buy an over-sized shank heim joint and take it to a machinist and have new threads cut for the track bar? A machinist can cut just about any thread on a lathe.

EDIT: if you do this, buy a heim that can be rebuilt so you don't have to pay the machinist to do the job again.

Last edited:
Back