• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

TYC Brand Blower Motor???

Jeff-97XJ

NAXJA Forum User
97XJ, 4.0, 231J, AW4.

(I could not find answer in search)

I need to replace my Blower Motor and do not want to spend $235.00 for an OEM one.

On eBay I found a deal for TYC Part # 700095, which is supposed to be replacement for Jeep #48886150AA. I never heard of TYC and even though the brand new motor is only around $50.00 I would like to know if anyone has any experience with this brand.

Thanks,
Jeff

97XJ, 4.0, 231J, AW4.

(I could not find answer in search)

I need to replace my Blower Motor and do not want to spend $235.00 for an OEM one.

On eBay I found a deal for TYC Part # 700095, which is supposed to be replacement for Jeep #48886150AA. I never heard of TYC and even though the brand new motor is only around $50.00 I would like to know if anyone has any experience with this brand.

Thanks,
Jeff

No experience with TYC. If you Google "TYC auto parts" there pops up 70k hits.

Caveat emptor, or "You always get exactly what you pay for."

I agree with Joe on this. Ebay is an interesting source. Some of the stuff is of okay, some (more like a lot) is absolute crap.

Personally, I stay away from any brand name I've never heard of. Generally speaking, you do get what you pay for with auto parts. I like to do repairs once and move on.

Back