• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Rusty' Cut out Flares and New Paint

brianglawson

NAXJA Forum User
0213001313.jpg

0213001316.jpg

0215001703.jpg

0216001609.jpg

0216001609a.jpg

0216001610.jpg

0216001610a.jpg

0228001108.jpg

0228001438.jpg

0228001708.jpg

0301000848.jpg

It's got around 5.5 inches, and just 31's now, but they just keep lasting, i hate to just throw them away.

Fresh paint and rusty's cut out's 33's will be on soon!!!!

Tech?

Looks good though. What'd you use for paint, paintgun, etc?
Just trying to add some tech so maybe it'll get moved to paint and body work instead of gone...;)

ha Its modified tech, i mean cut out flares!! cmon!

1.Ok, obviously in thefront we cut out a much as possibly with a saw.
2.The back was the cut and fold method everyone seems to use that doesnt feel like re-welding their inner-outer skins....
3. The jeep got painted in Greensboro at the Greensboro Auto Auction(one of the largest in the country), My dad sells Blowtherm(Global Finishing Solutions in the U.S. still i think) paintbooths and sold the auction 2 huge tunnel booths and probably 12-13 normal size booths. Before i make a short story long, he is still contracted their to do maintenance and got a few friends to do the body repair and spray/bake it.

The jeep was re-sprayed factory Chilli Pepper Red with old school sherwin williams, no water based crap...

This week I should be getting m RC Drop brackets and my Advanced Adapers SYE...next is a shackle and some 33's:):)

p.s. the flares are Rusty's Flex flares!

ha Its modified tech, i mean cut out flares!! cmon!

1.Ok, obviously in thefront we cut out a much as possibly with a saw.
2.The back was the cut and fold method everyone seems to use that doesnt feel like re-welding their inner-outer skins....
3. The jeep got painted in Greensboro at the Greensboro Auto Auction(one of the largest in the country), My dad sells Blowtherm(Global Finishing Solutions in the U.S. still i think) paintbooths and sold the auction 2 huge tunnel booths and probably 12-13 normal size booths. Before i make a short story long, he is still contracted their to do maintenance and got a few friends to do the body repair and spray/bake it.

The jeep was re-sprayed factory Chilli Pepper Red with old school sherwin williams, no water based crap...

This week I should be getting m RC Drop brackets and my Advanced Adapers SYE...next is a shackle and some 33's:):)
Showing pictures of them installed isn't tech, tech would be more along the lines of : Anybody used these for such and such, or how much do I cut, etc. Paint and body work would be showing how you prepped the surface, did the paint, what kind of paint, etc.

If ya don't mind me asking, I'm curious what something like that costs? It looks awesome man, and to keep it tech, what kind tool was used to cut the front fenders ? ;)

Looks good, can't say i like the glossy finish they have. Im sure after a good month or so they'll scuff up just by being washed let alone wheeled.

Anyhow, you going to relocate them horns? :D

Haha I'm not sure about the horns?? Here is some tech! What do people do with there horns once they do this? Are there any out there with big trucker horns???

We used a sawzaw(spelling??) on the front.. The front was really easy to cut until we got down to the bottom and had to go through those multiple layers

Forgot to address the cost!!

The flares were about 350$
Paint was about $1000, which was a little expensive for us, but every panel on the jeep had to be worked!! it was rough. Now i say 1000 is rich us, but we were hooked up.. Most likely given the damage my jeep had and stuff, if you had to pay a body shop to do all that was done and ended up with a booth baked paint job of this quality, you would probably pay 2500-3000 for a same-color respray

Haha I'm not sure about the horns?? Here is some tech! What do people do with there horns once they do this? Are there any out there with big trucker horns???

We used a sawzaw(spelling??) on the front.. The front was really easy to cut until we got down to the bottom and had to go through those multiple layers

I took mine off, i don't really ever use a horn and in the situation of needing one i just rev the shit out of my engine. Otherwise if you want to keep em relocate em inside the engine bay or something. Its all preference.

Or you can wait until your tires take them off for you :D

haha yea, im surprised they are still there now. I probably wont take mine off... I've had them disconnected for a wall due to a little electrical problem, but ive since fixed that. Sometimes there are roadrage moments where i just want my horns back...lol

Revving the engine doesn't seem it would work nearly as well as horns. My 85 Nissan is straight piped, manifold, cat, no muffler, and once moving isn't loud enough to catch anyone's ear by revving it.

would you believe someone backed into me yesterday:(:(

Back