• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Question on D30 Master Install Kit

mbogosia

NAXJA Forum User
I have a low Pinion and I am trying to order a master install kit. I noticed there is two kits available. One says XJ and the other says TJ. Shouldn't they be the same? Am I supposed to go with the TJ kit since that had the LP D30?

High pinion is a shim stack for pinion bearing preload, low pinion uses a crush sleeve. As you said, low pinion is standard cut, high pinion is reverse cut. I think the carrier and carrier bearings are the only things the same.

UPDATE - I just spoke with a guy and he said the TJ required a crush sleeve for its low pinion, but the XJ low pinion does not. So now I have conflicting information. I would think that the TJ kits would also say XJ(2000-2001) too if that was the case.

UPDATE - I just spoke with a guy and he said the TJ required a crush sleeve for its low pinion, but the XJ low pinion does not. So now I have conflicting information. I would think that the TJ kits would also say XJ(2000-2001) too if that was the case.

The LP D30(XJ/TJ) uses a crush sleeve.

The 00-01 XJ LP D30 is identical to the TJ LP D30.

Me thinkus "a guy" may be full of "some crapus".

Nitro Gear says same-o-same-o.

Back