• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Up Country leaf replacement...

2fs2ns

NAXJA Forum User
2001 XJ

Been doing a lot of searching and I've narrowed down to OME or quadratec springs. I'm pretty sure I have an up country suspension package. I'm not looking to lift, but the leads are shot. I'd like to be able to pull my pontoon boat without bottoming out the suspension.

So I'm thinking the OME or the QT Hd springs. Just want to make sure I'm not losing any lift though compared to the up country package.

97-01 the UpCountry package included 3 skid plates, front and rear tow hooks, HD cooling and tranny cooler, full size spare, rear sway bar delete, and Trac-Loc limited slip.

The QT HD leaf springs raise a stock XJ 2" so you should expect +1 over your UpCountry springs. Stock Upcountry springs may still be available from the dealership or an on-line JEEP parts department. Use Jeep P/N 4886186 or 52002392.

Maybe go with the OME medium or HD leaf packs then? For the cost of similar leafs, I think they are the better buy.

The Quadratec HD leaves are Crown replacement springs. They gave me 1" lift over stock height for my 97 Sport with standard suspension. They are, from what I found, simply the UC replacements. At the time I bought mine, Morris4x4/Cyberjeep sold them for $40 less a pair, although I believe everyone has the same prices now.

http://www.naxja.org/forum/showpost.php?p=243956120&postcount=3

http://www.crownautomotive.net/product/Jeep-Heavy-Duty-Suspension/4886186AA.html

http://www.jeep4x4center.com/product-information.asp?number=4886186AB

Last edited:
I've read quite a few posts where people claimed several inches of lift, but I wound up at stock Up Country height, which had been my goal. A year later, I've thrown MJ shackles and some 3/4" spacers in. I should have just thrown Old Man Emu springs in for a few bucks more, but, hindsight is 20/20 and all that.

I'll do some more research on the different OME packs then, sounds like it's worth the $.

So the Medium 2.5" springs should be about an inch of height over the UpCountry then? I really don't want to run into driveline issues, this is a daily driver...

Last edited:
I ran the 4886186 leafs before on my old XJ, and I will again...will be pairing them with a Rustys 3/4" greasable shackle, and a 2" poly spacer up front. It's a great setup for a DD that gives it that much more of an aggressive look. I'd highly recommend them.

Is that the stock upcountry leaf from a dealership then? The 4886186?

I called the one up the street and he said that 4886186 wasn't a good number, but the 52002392 came up for $160 something.

Last edited:
I was referring to the "replaces part number" 4886186AA by Crown, sold to Quadratec, JCWhitney, Jeep4x4Center, etc that everyone refers to as the 'Quadratec HD leafs'.

Somewhere around here are a few threads that cross reference the OE and replacement part numbers for coils and leaf packs, in addition to the Crown page, Morris's page with spring rates and free arch heights, etc.

Back