• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

CCV parts?

ehall

NAXJA Member
NAXJA Member
A while back I noticed little bubbles of oil and air seeping out from under the CCV grommet. Do I need to replace the CCV or just the grommet, or should I do both? Does the CCV just pull out with mighty tug? Do I need to remove the valve cover to remove the grommet? Looking around I see that autozone has a Motormite CCV that does not seem include grommet but can't really tell since I haven't taken mine apart yet (link). NAPA lists a CCV and two different grommets CCV). Searching says the dealer has parts but haven't seen a list yet. This is my 99 engine BTW, has about 60k miles on it now, but it sat at a salvage house for a while.

FWIW, I just looked up the grommets at NAPA a bit ago, and they list two part numbers- one is in a box, one is on a card, but they're the same part- or at least they list identical dimensions, and use the same image and descriptions- but NAPA has been wrong before. pns BK 6301411, and 6301410.

Last edited:
The rubber grommet can get dried out and be tough to just twist out. I destroyed them on my 00xj. I got the two same grommets from AZ and replaced the rear elbow. The rear one has a smaller diameter opening that clogs over time. The front one can be reused. All told you can get both grommets and the rear elbow (CCV) for less than $10. You don't have to remove the valve cover, in fact on my cover, there was a metal cover on the inside that blocked all access to the CCV from the inside. A small flat screwdriver (about 1/4 wide blade) will help pop the ccv out of the old grommet. Put a drop of oil on the new grommets for lube when reinstalling.

HTH

Scooter

Just as a follow up, I was running around today and remembered this so I tried tracking it down. Dealer could get the grommets and rear elbow for $5 each but didn't have them in stock. The local NAPA said they did not have the grommets and the part number I had for the elbow showed pictures of an elbow but was listed as a grommet and they couldn't get it (dunno what is going on there). Dorman Help! line has the grommet part number 42344, and also has the rear elbow piece part number 47057, both of which are also sold under the Motormite brand. Out of the various Autozone and Advance Auto places around here I was able to find two of the grommets in the PCV section for about $3 each but everybody was sold out of the elbow. However, the elbow pieces are not valves (as everyboy points out the CCV is part of the valve cover and not serviceable) so if you can blow through the elbow then that piece is working. In my case the leaks were under the grommet where it had become hardened in the center so I only replaced the two grommets and called it done.

Last edited:
Back