• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

OEM hitch?

CherBear

NAXJA Forum User
This was off of a CF write up thread, I had never seen one like this. The jeep logo on the plastic cover makes me think its an oem part, not sure.

DSC02892.jpg

Oh, you can pick up those rubber hitch plugs for around $9 online - I've got one on mine.

It doesn't look like an OEM towbar to me, though - at least, I'm not aware of one that came with D-rings, and the factory ones had the trailer wiring harness and plug run to the hitch. Not spotting the wiring in that photo.

I'm not sure I would trust the d-rings on that hitch. Good ring mounts pass through the bumper and are welded on both sides. Pull that off under stress and you could kill someone.

I'm not sure I would trust the d-rings on that hitch. Good ring mounts pass through the bumper and are welded on both sides. Pull that off under stress and you could kill someone.

You think they are just surface welded? Its sort of hard to tell from the pic, but if that is the case, then I wouldnt trust those... No matter how good a fabber you are, those joints can't be thaaat strong.

Back