• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Who has installed the JCR Rear Upper Quarter Panel Gaurds?

Mtb Jak

NAXJA Forum User
Hey I have always loved the look of the thor offroad gaurds but I gotta say that these do look better right in the tail light area. Who here has installed them?

I would probably ask to eliminate the side marker to make it easier to "slide" off obstacles.

Any real world experiences here? I would also like to see how these mount up.

97upQuarterPanelsTaillights.jpg

thats absolutely beautiful!!!

Mark

Bmyohn has a set on his Rig. The driver side one didn't quite line up right but still looks ok.

I would probably ask to eliminate the side marker to make it easier to "slide" off obstacles.

We don't offer these thing custom in any way. Just an FYI.

Any real world experiences here? I would also like to see how these mount up.

We have maybe around 20 sets of these out on the market. We have a problem with 1 set on a 96'. We are sending another set to see if it's the jeep or a set of guards that are wrong. Otherwise, we haven't heard any wimpers of fit issues.

i still want a set without light holes so i can do my own config but JCR said NO

i guess i don't see why they can't just skip the holes. it seems im not the only one who wants them blank

Last edited:
It is a matter of building them in bulk and having them ready to ship. We would have to make new programs to cut each and every little change. It makes the process easier and the price lower for us to build them this way. Another huge reason is for lead times. If we are making a ton of "custom" one off items, it pushes the lead times on everything back. We only have 3 guys making products.

yeah i get that. im just going to have to do the custom route on mine. i really like the look of the product though. i have other things i want to do to it as well to make it exactly what i want

sorry to jack the tread

Anyone got pics without the flare? I have my rear cut and folded.

As far as no elimination of the side marker... oh well! I remember pricing out the THOR's and then not doing them because it was expensive!

I am thinking when i install these and C-Rok rear bumper i can cut more out in the rear.

Anyone got pics without the flare? I have my rear cut and folded.

As far as no elimination of the side marker... oh well! I remember pricing out the THOR's and then not doing them because it was expensive!

I am thinking when i install these and C-Rok rear bumper i can cut more out in the rear.

This is the best pic i've got of them without flares.

S7300774.jpg

love the lifted patriot blue jeeps! haha

well its settled the next paycheck is going to JCR...

I just like seeing lots of pics of things before i get em... I will be cutting out up to the curve of the JCRs and welding em up doesnt have to be really pretty because the things will cover it up.. trying to make room for 35s!

ya his build is nice... I am going to have a polished turdy (ARB/30spline) after the government gives me the money they took back to me...

ya his build is nice... I am going to have a polished turdy (ARB/30spline) after the government gives me the money they took back to me...

Haha, his rear cross pin mysteriously failed on his Jeep last week, Now its locked! Something funny there? :dunno: But really those fit pretty good and they are definitely very strong and well built like the rest of their products.

brendan can you snap some pictures...closer? Please haha and the area between the door and wheel arch does it hit that area?

Thanks

Ive had mine since November, really nice I havent mounted them yet though still trying to find lights.

brendan can you snap some pictures...closer? Please haha and the area between the door and wheel arch does it hit that area?

Thanks

He may be helping me install my Sliders tomorrow. I will snap a closer picture of his guards if he does.

I've had mine on for about a month now. A couple of the holes were a biatch to get to and put a nut on it but overall I'm very happy. Right now mine don't have flares on cause they wouldn't fit back on after installing the guards so ill snap some upclose pix tomorrow and post em.

Thanks

Hey i just read this, sorry I haven't been keeping up on my Mod Tech lately. Let me see if i can find a better picture. The line up just fine and look great with no flares. Let me see what pic I can pull up for ya.

Back