• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

building a bastard pack

columbuscrawlerXJ

NAXJA Forum User
I wanna build a bastard pack. What would be the best leafs to use??? Id like to get 4.5 to 6". If some one has detailed info that would be great. Youll have to put it in dumn ass terms... LOL... I have dodge 1500 leaf springs. I hear you can use some parts of them.

its been covered eleventy-billion times on here already. search

you can use S10 or Dakota springs.. they give you 4" lift.. add a longer shackle and a 1" block and you ll be at 6" . for the front .. F150 springs and a bb. = 6"

Mark

DONT use a block they will break i had a 2 inch block and after only 2 months it was cracking and starting to bend go with longer shackes and a bastard pack

i have a set of 2 inch blocks i just removed last week end when i did my bastard pack, theyre probly the best blocks ive seen made out of 4 pieces of welded together 1/2in plate wont ever break

still blocks are bad news even if they dont break the can cause axle wrap and ive seen where leaf packs have snapped because of the blocks just stay away from blocks its ur best move

o trust me i despise blocks ive seen some wierd sag on some leafs due to blocks and i dont trust them i ditched them as soon as i could only had the heep about 2 weeks befor i swapped them

If they are the same width, then you should be able to use the ram leafs. Cut off the eyes, and maybe trim them down on both sides if they are too long for your pack. And alternate XJ and Ram leafs til you get your height.

any one ever use mj springs as sceccond springs?

Ok. I know its been put on her many of times. But i aint got time to sit and search all day. Thanks for the info from the ones who gave it. I agree on blocks. I wont use them, ill do shakels. Ill have to find some one that can show me how to do this.

Back