• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

jk rubi shocks on xj

jeeper98xj

NAXJA Forum User
ok so what do all you xj experts think of my fab. i know someone is going to say why just buy new shocks that are the right length. iv gone through too many cheep ones and i dont have the cash right now to spend on nice bilsteins. im closeing on a house next week so the wifes list is winning.
P2240764.jpg
[/IMG]
i live in the CITY of chicago so there are pot holes every where right now and there is so much diff. in the ride its crazy. just got to figure something out for the back iv got something in mind tho.

Hate to say it but I am not 100% sure that I would trust that to hold up on the highway, I have a feeling after a couple of good bumps the square tubing will bow out on the sides.

well thanks for your replies fellas. i was thinking of capping it but i dont have a welder yet haha... waiting for my bud to get back home so i can cap it. and ill see if its going to bow out any tom. morning on the way to work lake shore drive has a few big bumps. lol
looks like pretty good po-boy engineering
haha yes i made it with a wood chop saw and a metal cutting blade, grinder, and a dremel. but i did use grade 8 bolts....haha

i run bar pin eliminators on my 88 and shes rollin JK rubi shocks.

Back