• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

NO electric cooling fan! and lots or electrical problems! HELP!!!

glastornjet73

NAXJA Forum User
ok first off i have a 99 cherokee sport 4x4 4.0 auto ac power everything ect

since i have had the jeep it has not had a working electronic cooling fan no big deal its been cold! also since i have had it it has had a "low voltage at the trans" code on my scan tool the shift selection sensor does not show to be working as well as the ac not turning on even if you bypass the lpco switch

i started tracking down a pair of white wires. one of wich was the controll side power on the cooling fan relay and the other the controll side power on the ac clutch relay. out of the underhood power block they go into a fusable link and turn into 3 white wires. one of wich goes into the evap purge (that i had a trouble code for "short or open"). keep following and one goes into a bulkhead plug that looks to go down tward the transmission! the other continuies across the firewall down into the cab and into a bulkhead above the lower left kick pannel. it leaves that bulkhead and goes into another bulkhead neer the bottom of the dash. and then goes into the blue yonder. after that and re apperes at the bolt in bulkhead that bolts into the fuse block that is the main power for most of the truck. after unpluging everything one at a time and checking i found the relay for the cooling fan to be shorting everything to ground. BUT i still have not power on that circuit!

so is the interior fuse box a common problem on these trucks? i know i am getting tired but that is the only thing i can think to be the problem why that circuit wouldent have power. and seeing where that wire runs and what is going on with the circuit i am thinking that might be the whole problem the truck is having!

any input would be greatly appreciated! thanks in advance dj

is there suposed to be a fuse in the number "10" slot in the interior fuse pannel because after taking apart the fuse pannel the number "10" slot fused side goes rite to the pin that the wire plugs into!

I would also check to see if the compressor clutch still functions, by disconnecting the power wire to the clutch and touching the positive terminal on the battery. It would have saved me so much time when I was doing my troubleshooting. I had a bad clutch.

i had tested both the ac compressor relay and the cooling fan relay with my scan tool after i jumped power the the circuit in question both worked

it actually ended beeing the fuse pannel i went to the junkyard this morning and got one for $10 everything works flawlessly the evap purge code both tranny codes and the cooling fan code all went away after replacing the fuse pannel so the circuit had power like it was suposed to....everything works great now i just need a oxygen sensor and i will have no more check engine light!! yah! it had been a little hassle but still not too bad for a $400 buy

Back