• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

2 Door XJ Seats in 4 Door? TJ Seats?

DZJeepChic

NAXJA Forum User
Has anyone ever swapped 2 Door XJ seats into a 4 Door?

Has anyone ever swapped TJ seats into an XJ?

Trying to get seats that fold forward and thinking of going either of these routes.

I'm also in need of some seats, depending on the answers I get to these questions!

d :wave1:

1. 2-dr XJ seats are rarer than 4-dr XJ seats. If you can find them expect to pay a premium for them.

2. A hot tip for fold-forward seats for 2-dr XJs are the Fox-body Mustang seats--1979 through 1993. Should require drilling 2 new holes in the seat frame to mount to the XJ.

3. I don't know about the TJ seats.

i didnt realize they were a hot commodity. Other than the fold forward part i didnt think there was a diff in them either. Personally i despise folding my seat forwad to let people in. ive had a 2 and 4 door. Prefer 4 door but thats me.Just out of morbid curiosity, what do you want to do the switch for?

i didnt realize they were a hot commodity. Other than the fold forward part i didnt think there was a diff in them either. Personally i despise folding my seat forwad to let people in. ive had a 2 and 4 door. Prefer 4 door but thats me.Just out of morbid curiosity, what do you want to do the switch for?

We use the rig for expedition travel, and in the case of rain we want to be able to push the seats further forward so we can sleep in it.

d ;)

with the rear seat folded down there is just as much room in my 2 door as there is the 4 door. how are you planning to get more room with seats that fold farther forward? if anything i never use it, because i take all my cargo and put it in the front seats when i try to sleep in the back. im 6'2" and when i do sleep in the jeep its not very comfortable no matter what i do. usually knocking myself out with some cold ones lands me upright in the front seat. lol.

idk how useful TJ seats would be, as the pedastle the sit on is rather tall. but if you could mount just the seat itself to the XJs brackets then you may be in business.

joe_peters- any pictures of mustang seats in an XJ? im in need of new seats. lol. was thinking about going all out and trying to get some 3 door impreza seats.

I've got 4-dr seats in my 2-dr, picked them up for $50 in great shape. I'm 6'4" so nobody gets to ride behind me, and most of the grandkids are skinny enough to squeeze into the back.

Do a search on here for Mustang seats, I'm pretty sure there were some photos posted, even showing the new holes drilled.

I put TJ seats in my '96, they bolt right up to the XJ mounts. They are much more comfy than the old worn out XJ seats.

Back