• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Quickie Question.

RebelXJ

NAXJA Forum User
Will a 1994 Manifold Air Temperature Sensor fit on a 1987 renix. I know that it will physically fit but the 94 doesnt have actual wiring coming from the sensor itself, its and actual clip sensor. The only reason I ask this is that I cant find anything other than a 94. Not even the dealers have it and cant even get it so I'm screwed. Thanks,

MAT:

DEMTS10192
@NAPA

I might have lost my mind but I cant get that to work under the part number and cant even find it under a search. If you dont mind post direct link. Damn Canuck EH!

No, its no longer there on Napa.

Here is one that you can use: http://www.injector.com/cart/pc/viewPrd.asp?idproduct=65&idcategory=12

It has the same values.

I don't remember if stock is 1/4" NPT or 3/8" NPT, but you can adapt down or relocate on the intake tube if you have a cold air intake. You can modify the manifold but that would be more work.

I also believe there was a thread discussing this before, and someone mentioned a possible crossover from a GM part.

Update.

That DEM TS10192 was the Delphi part number and it is obsolete.

You will have to go with the other link.

For sure it is 3/8. But the thing is, the crossover part is the same thing as a 94 sensor. The only question I'm wondering is will it work properly since i have to solder directly to the sensor itself due to the fact the connectors arent the same. Right now the 87 that I have has its own wire and harness to plug into the other harness. The new sensor has no wire with harness it clips directly to the sensor itself. And is there a certain way to be connected?

You could use this pigtail to adapt:

AIRTEX Part # 1P1016
MoreInfo.gif

Category: Air Charge Temperature Sensor Connector
getimage.php

$14.48

Little spendy, you could probably source something at the salvage yard.

I think that one from www.injector.com comes with an adapter for $17, pretty good deal.

Back