• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

long arm input

jimbow912

NAXJA Forum User
looking to get some arms for my xj im rideing at 6 1/2" of lift right now and now its time to up grade to long arms. I looked around at some like rustys, claytons, rubicon, ironrocks,and T&T Y-links. so fair i like rustys and at a good price so u guys tell me u think.

My opinion, avoid rusty's for anything steering/axle-end related.

All the others you listed are a good option, do some research...use the SEARCH feature. This topic has been beaten to death, so please avoid posting more on the topic without being more specific on your needs/wants.

~Scott

it depends on whether you do hardcore rock crawling were clearence is an issue. you also need to look into what style of arms you want, 4-link, 3-link, radius....

i do a little bit of everything i kind of want to stay away from a big belly pan cuz i like to play in the mud and dont want mud build up under there.

Everybody has their own opinion as to what style and brand is best. You would learn a lot more a lot quicker by searching this topic again.

frontonjeeppics002.jpg

To the OP, any longarm kit out there is gonna get the job done. It's really a matter of how much you want to spend and what features you need. If I had it to do again I would fabricate my own from the start but I also looked at the RK. I ended up starting with the Teraflex lowers and building my own uppers and crossmember. I am partial to 4 links as opposed to y-link setups and I prefer equal length arms.

Back