• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

How far to go

jonnyghost

NAXJA Forum User
I have a Cherokee that's my daily driver/camping/expedition vehicle. I have another truck for hardcore off roading but I want to build up the jeep a little for a couple back woods excursions I have planned this summer.

I have a nice bumper on the front and a hitch on the back, 2" BB and 30 inch tires.

I'm going to add air shocks in the back to give it some more capacity. Swaybar dicos and rock sliders. And if I have the cash left I'm going to add a winch in the front and a lock rite in the rear.

This is my everyday car so I'm trying not to go to crazy but what else could I do that would make it more capable or reliable. Do you think I should worry about stiffening the uni-body or protecting the frame rails? I don't plan on doing anything to crazy but if I get stuck out in the middle of no where I might have to and I don't want to do any damage that can't be undone. I'd like to keep this vehicle for another 3 years so I don't want to develop cracks in the uni-body or anything.

On the other hand I'm trying to keep weight down to keep the gas mileage reasonable. Any thoughts?

Thanks

Rockrails would be a good idea and you'll probly b fine without frame stiffeners and locked is probly ur best move for traction is lockers also take off the rear swaybar and get disconnects for the front you'll be amazed how much articulation you get

Oh yea, forgot to mention it but I took out the rear sway bar when I added the lift. I think I'm going to have to extend my brake lines when I add the swaybar diconnects. Didn't I read somewhere that the YJ lines are longer?

YJ lines are longer, yes.

Rear sway bar? What's that? :looney:
I didn't even notice a handling difference when I took mine out. It's a toothpick and the front does most of the work.

Back