• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Heater Control Valve

ssjkakkarotx

NAXJA Forum User
Can anyone here get me a picture of the heater control valve for an 87 XJ 4.0 or at least how the hoses attach to it. I have tried searching the forums but havent found what I need (neither do the Chilton or HAynes) Thanks for the help

i cant really explane it, but if you have a friend with a XJ just pop the hood and take a look. iv had to replace 3 of them. i suggest you get the real part from a dealer. aftermarket heatercontroll valves are made out of plastic and iv replaced two of them and they both leaked no matter how tight the hose clamps were. the part from the dealer is part plastic and part metal, and since i put it in.....it hasnt leaked. just my 2cents sorry that im not much help on explaning the hoses. tim

From my '88 4.0L

heatervalvesmallwa3.jpg

Sauade thanks for the pic. Now if I am looking at it right. The thermostat hose plugs straight into the J shaped end and the hose to the coolant bottle connects to the side piece off the J. Right ?

Last edited:
Once I have gotten moved and all that bull. I will switch to the open system. But for now I will stick with what I got. Thanks for the link though. I definately gonna save that one for future use.

ssjkakkarotx said:
Sauade thanks for the pic. Now if I am looking at it right. The thermostat hose plugs straight into the J shaped end and the hose to the coolant bottle connects to the side piece off the J. Right ?

Yep!. You got it. Let me know if you need a picture from a different angle.

Back