• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Rustys Offroad HD Tie Rod Opinions

Looks decent but you could just swap in a ZJ tie rod and save up the money for a 1ton wheel to wheel over the knuckle system.

That being said, I have rustys OTK steering system. I got from some kind of overstock seller on eBay a few years ago for like $150 but I don't think I would pay what he's asking for it. I live in florida and don't see any rocks so for what I do it's fine, if I were you I would look at other options. Steering is something that's very critical on lifted XJ's and can change your handling greatly.

When it comes to steering you get what you pay for, check out some of our sponsors like JCR etc.. You can do better than what your looking at now.

I run there tie rod conversion and it works great on my trail rig. I flipped the tie rod and run them over the knuckle. I like it for what it is.

Back