• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Do you know this jeep?

RedJeep2.0

NAXJA Forum User
NAXJA Member
I wanna know if anyone knows the back story on this jeep?
Thinking about pickng it up for the girlfriend, she wants a 2 door!

photo-62.jpg

photo2.jpg

photo-63.jpg

photo-64.jpg

7 inch lift 35 13.50 swampers

What do you think?

Why lower it? Im assuming that she wants it because of how it looks, im not saying that women dont like to wheel, but in more cases than not its a looks thing.

x2 on lower it a bit and get some different tires, 7" is a little excessive. That dangling brakeline is a little interesting.... And for the love of pete make sure there are swaybar links. I realize that they may have been taken off for the flex, but you never know :)

Why lower it? Im assuming that she wants it because of how it looks, im not saying that women dont like to wheel, but in more cases than not its a looks thing.

No she wants it to REALLY wheel it... Cuz I don't do to good sitting in the passanger seat of my jeep!

Ha ha if we end up getting in she will be at NWfest with me!!!

Needs limit straps. :D

Don't know what the price is, but I would agree with Ecksjay that you're better off starting with a stocker, or at least something with some good parts on it.

Thats actually my buddies jeep that he ended up trading for a grand cherokee. When he bought it it was all stock even the interior was gutted out.

What's good about them?

It's well built, works well, and they've got customer service that, from what I've been able to tell so far is second to none.
We just installed their long-arm kit on a friend's '00, it went together without a hitch. Yes, it's a newer company - but they all started somewhere. Probably the best bang for the buck out there at the moment.
OK. I've provided some good points based on personal experience. Your turn to provide the bad...

A few comments.
1. Steering. at 7" of lift and 35's I would want a robust steering system. Cross over steering below the knuckle doesn't work with the stock axle placement of the TB. The TB needs to be moved up over the axle and a more robust steering system would be optimal. I would not run 35 sx's without seriouse thought to Hydro assist or at least a better steering box and frame support.

2. TB. As stated above, this should be over the axle and if it isn't upside down it sure looks like it. Personally I would totally re-do the steering and TB system.

3. I know nothing about Iron rock suspension systems. The long arm kit "looks" cheap or low quality home made. I would want to know what material it is at a minimum. I don't see the mounts for either end to really add comments about the joints.

4. Rear springs I assume are Iron rock also? Who actually makes there springs? this would give you some idea of quality. The spring retainer doesn't look like something I would leave as is.

5. What axles? gears? Lockers? This is where the money is!!!!

6. What's been done to the rest of the engine and drivetrain? 231? 242? SYE, 2 low, etc? More value from this area!!!

7. Brake lines are poorly done, they should be retained properly, easy fix.

Personally I don't see much of value over a stock vehicle? But none of the reall info was given about the Jeep.

Michael

It's well built, works well, and they've got customer service that, from what I've been able to tell so far is second to none.
We just installed their long-arm kit on a friend's '00, it went together without a hitch. Yes, it's a newer company - but they all started somewhere. Probably the best bang for the buck out there at the moment.
OK. I've provided some good points based on personal experience. Your turn to provide the bad...

You installed it and it went on well...but that's your 'personal experience' with them? You guys drive a difficult argument.

I concede because I can't top that.

You installed it and it went on well...but that's your 'personal experience' with them? You guys drive a difficult argument.

I concede because I can't top that.

You apparently missed the "works well" part. It's been trouble free on the trail - mostly up at TSF. Nothing loosened, nothing broken, nothing "out of whack". Works as advertised. Excellent ride on the street, as well - no nasty habits. Of course, the rig is daily driven so it's not seeing Little Rubicon, Waterfall, 7-Up or any of the other crazier trails. I have little doubt it'll hold up and perform as well as the other off-the-shelf kits out there in those situations, though.
I hadn't heard about the Iron Rock setup prior to my buddy finding out about it from some positive reviews on this site and a few others. I was skeptical at first, but they've got a good thing going that'll likely suit all but the crazier builds. I wouldn't run it under a rig with 60's and dual tc's on 39's, but I don't think that's an application Iron Rock had in mind.

Back