• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

alldata vs FSM or something like that?

Alldata is the same material as the FSM just less of it. Most of the stuff is word-for-word but then a chapter or major section will just be missing. OTOH it typically includes things like TSBs which the FSM obviously won't.

Best money is an FSM from ebay. All of the other stuff is worth having (I include Haynes and Chilton there for their diagrams and pictures) but it has to supplemental.

I have alldata and I like it. I can't tell you how it compares because I don't have a FSM.

I have no doubt it has less but I haven't ran into something missing yet.

An Alldata subscription for an individual vehicle is a waste of money.

Alldata is a fantastic service, doesn't matter if you are a dealership or mom-pop shop, you can't beat the service for the price.

However, it is a recurring cost.

Need the FSM for a vehicle? Want to pay for it once? Want a great deal on a full set, LICENSED product? How about a full FSM for an XJ for less than $40, on CD--load it to your harddrive, print, search feature, PDF format.

Sound good?

http://www.autobooksbishko.com/index.html

Just go ahead and get the Mopar FSM for your exact year Jeep, a good scanner, and a multimeter to start with.

Worth every penny and kinda works out to be free if you avoid even one or two trips to the dealer/repair shop in the life of the Jeep. Lots of troubleshooting guides saves costs by going right to the bad part first, instead of throwing parts at a problem.

Need the FSM for a vehicle? Want to pay for it once? Want a great deal on a full set, LICENSED product? How about a full FSM for an XJ for less than $40, on CD--load it to your harddrive, print, search feature, PDF format.

Sound good?

Hey, thanks for that.

I certainly didn't want to steal one, but I was never sure just where to get one on the up-n-up.

Thanks!

Robert

<Edit> $8.50 to ship a cd?

Last edited:
if he posted FSM in the title, mods would lock his thread in fear like they did on his last one.

$8.50 to ship a cd is the exact stuff that causes people to go download a pirated version instead.

if he posted FSM in the title, mods would lock his thread in fear like they did on his last one.

:twak:

The mods lock the thread because ignorant people like to ignore the rules and post links to pirated/illegal copies of copyrighted materials, which is against the law. NAXJA does not condone breaking the law.

$8.50 to ship a cd is the exact stuff that causes people to go download a pirated version instead.

Actually, it is more like good cost accounting.

Shipping and handling--labor, label, packaging, transportation. If they added the $8.50 to the $36.29 price and said "free shipping" it would still be a bargain.

Less than $50 for a factory service manual is a screaming deal, considering you fork out around half of that for a Chiltons/Haynes.

I will keep the link to this company for referral. Thanks Joe.

An Alldata subscription for an individual vehicle is a waste of money.

Alldata is a fantastic service, doesn't matter if you are a dealership or mom-pop shop, you can't beat the service for the price.

However, it is a recurring cost.

Sound good?

Would use them, but they don't have an FSM for my 91 MJ :( Just picked up a hardcopy 96 XJ FSM on ebay for $46.90 shipped, already quite happy with it. Cheapest I could find was 80 plus shipping even on here, but then I said "what the heck I'll check ebay" and got lucky.

I didn't see one for my 99...

Unfortunately it looks like they don't have CDs for 99+. Printed is your only option from them.

Back