• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

is this 95 xj worth fixing? -pics

drvn93

NAXJA Forum User
dsc00359g.jpg

dsc00360v.jpg

dsc00361dz.jpg

dsc00362n.jpg

the tow truck driver said it was all front clip damage and radiator
Im assuming I would need new radiator, fan, hoses, belt and maybe power steering,

I have alot of parts I was going to put in including new water pump, fan clutch, zj v8 tierod, steering stab, edelbrock shocks

parts that were in are b&m tranny cooler, 3" lift, 31's

not sure what to do, is it worth repairing? :( it has 170k always started and ran decent

Let's see: fender, hood, bumper, bumper end, bumper bracket, header panel, header panel/radiator support, radiator, bezel, front and corner markers, headlight, belts, hoses, maybe a fender flare--I'd say $500-600 oughtta get it done(add $ for paint if replacement pieces aren't black).

$600 parts and labor?

I might be able to aquire some of the parts but I cannot do the body work myself

Body work? Look up trucks' episode Cheep Cherokee. All parts are bolt on replacements. Paint maybe. Use a come along to pull things square if need be. What's the asking price?

Nah...doesn't look like its worth fixing to me ... but I'll give you $250 for it! ;)
(or course its worth fixing! You said it runs good. Get to scrounging up some parts ... its all bolt on stuff).

Look inside the fender well and the unirail on the passenger side before deciding anything. If there is anything that looks like the unirail was bent I'd probably avoid it. Also look for things you would normally check on any XJ like rust under the floors. However it might be worth parts--the wheels look nice.

Dunno. You might need to hammer out the inner fender wall and minorly straighten the end of the frame rail. I did that myself with a 6lb hand sledge and a woodworking hammer on my 96, took about 45 minutes.

Body work - who needs that? C4C vehicles are still around, cruise the junkyards till you find one within a year or two of that one (94 and 96 also good donors, maybe 93 but the paint color could be off a little) with good body panels and the same color paint. 50% of the people I ask can't tell which of my fenders I tore up, because the one I replaced has fewer dings and chips in it they guess wrong.

those types of accidents can usually be fixed in an afternoon if you have the parts.

fender:
front clip;
hood:
its even black (easy color)
the hardest part will be fabbing up the new front bumper, so next time all the damage goes the opposite way.

You can't link images from your own computer... you have to host them somewhere else.

I would look along the uni rails looking for any creases or bends that don't belong. If its not bent too much and its cheap enough it could be fixed on a frame rack.

my frame horns were bent down and to the right me and my dad pulled them out with the porta power and its perfect now

Last edited:
I say go for it! You'll like it all the more when it's finnished and you can stand back and say "Yeah, i did that." :D

Or at least that's what i keep telling myself... lol

just found this 2 door for $700
maybe I could get the front pieces off of it and then sell the rest

http://rochester.craigslist.org/cto/1605721103.html

its even the right color

It would be very convenient to have a donor vehicle sitting right next to your project. And for 700 bones you can't really go too wrong. IMO just take the best of both of em and put it into one.

Back