• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

pinstripe eraser

fireLt.

NAXJA Forum User
I am thinking of using a pinstripe eraser wheel to remove the factory srtipes. Anybody have an idea if one wheel will get the job done?

1 wheel should be plenty. I used one to remove the factory glue when I took off the lower body trim and you can hardly tell it's been used.
YMMV.

:dunno: I bought the one that the parts store had in stock, but the parts store I shop at also supplies all the body shops in town.... I couldn't tell you what brand mine was, it's been a few years now.

Using some 3M Adhesive remover and a plastic scraper works much quicker than the 3M eraser, per my experience.

I used adhesive remover & plastic scraper to remove the pinstripes from my lower cladding, endcaps & front/rear bumpers. Came off pretty easily, but it was tedious. I wouldn't/haven't attempted it on the upper body panels.

there all the same for the most part. just run it slow. your natural action is going to be running it at full speed. dont. push hard and go slow. there great.

This was good advice. Removed all of the pinstripes in less than an hour. I used a wheel made by 3M. It cost about 30 bucks from my local overpriced auto parts store.

This was good advice. Removed all of the pinstripes in less than an hour. I used a wheel made by 3M. It cost about 30 bucks from my local overpriced auto parts store.

glad to hear. price sux i know. but if u dont burn up the wheel and figure it out fast, you can use them for a long time.

Back