• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

mounting a dakota brake hose ona Dana 44

92tahoexj

NAXJA Forum User
Does anyone have any home brew tricks to mounting the longer Dakota brake line to the Dana 44 with the separate vent hose since the groove on the Dakota line is on a 45* angle? The old brake line has a washer under it and the old "T" is flat on the bottom. Would I be able to just grind the bottom of the "T" on the new line flat or should I just go with the 95 YJ rear line? or should I just move the vent tube to the "T" like my D35 and plug the other vent hole?

thanks,
chris

Last edited:
I used the YJ line,drilled &tapped for the larger hollow bolt/vent and plugged the D44 plastic vent hole.
My D44 was out if the XJ to be rebuilt at the time,so it was easy to do.

Wayne

I just did an xj d44 into my 97. I pulled the t-Block and vent fitting off the D35 and drilled and tapped the D44 to match. I then plugged the old vent holes by welding them shut.

Jeff

Same here….tapped the tube on the 44 and used a rubber impregnated washer under the distribution block.

drilledout.jpg

shortened the vent fitting a tad

shortened.jpg

from inside the tube

inside.jpg

finished product

installed2.jpg

Back