• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

89 Limited ?

Bdiddy11

NAXJA Forum User
Picked up an 89 Limited a week or so ago.

Fully loaded to the hilt. Leather interior, gas/engine/T-case skids etc etc... unfortunately it's got a D35 though =/ was hoping for a D44 as it's got a tow package.

Oh, it's also got a sunroof too, wife is happy about that. 145k on the clock.

Now we've got this contraption and got no idea what it is... maybe a temperature sensor or compass?

Picture074.jpg

Receiver for infrared keyless entry.

Thanks =)

Thought it might possibly be that, but the previous owner never said anything about keyless.

Probably ashamed.

Those IR remotes are lousy. Had a friend, he had to be sitting in the driver's seat to work his. Kind of defeats the purpose of it, wouldn't you say?

Yeah, the IR one is useless. I had it, it was great if you didn't feel like getting zapped by touching the door, but you had to be just about as close.

On the plus side, it implies you have power locks at least.

A few of the wires in there, if connected to either ground or +12V (I forget which, think it's ground though) will lock and unlock the doors. Not very useful info, but if you're a tinkerer like me it gives you all sorts of ideas...

Back