• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Dome Light Draw...

cmcbscw

NAXJA Forum User
Hey guys,
This may have been answered in other threads but I am in need of some help and hope someone can point me to a thread that can help or someone that may have an idea.

I have a 1991 XJ Limited and I have a serious draw in the dome light/electric lock circuit. I tried everything from removing the relays, door pin switches and nothing. The only time I get the draw(2.5 amps) is when the dome light fuse is in the fuse block even if the delay relay is pulled out. I haven't gone through my book too much yet but I like to get others opinions especially when it comes to electrical. If anyone has an idea I would really appreciate the help!

Thanks!

Last edited:
If you run out of options, look at the splice bundle, just inside of the door sill under the carpet and padding. Not the wire harness under the door sill, but the other bundle under the carpeting. I've only seen this on Renix, but it's likely the 91 has the splice bundle in the same spot (or nearby).
My wires were crispy, green, white and corroded causeing a short to ground in the courtisy light circuit. On a friends Renix the dome light was constantly on, faintly with the doors closed, very dim hardly noticeable.
The glove compartment light is always worth a look, work the button by hand a few times, make sure nothing is stuck in there.
I've also seen the scews for the door sill, screwed into the wiring harness, when replacing the the door sill. Something to keep in mind. Played heck with a buddies fuel pump wiring.

Back