• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Skyjacker Lifts?

zPike00EB

NAXJA Forum User
I found a Cherokee on Craigslist -- it's a '92 with 187K, 6" Skyjacker lift, 33" Mickey Thompson on Pro-comps, Gibson Exhaust and a brush guard, he doesn't know much about his son's jeep, and wants 2,000.

3n63m73le5Ob5P95R0a2e899101711ee71feb.jpg

From the picture, it looks like it has drop brackets, which is fine for me, considering the price. He has all the receipts from the shop that did the work.

I guess what I'm asking is how is skyjacker? I was planning on buying a 1000-1500$ (college) XJ, and slapping a RC 6.5 Long-arm, with 35"s, but for the money, this seems like the sensible solution. How does Skyjacker stack up with the rest of the companies out there, especially Rough Country?

I'm going to look at it this weekend, and only thing I'm worried about is the rear axle. I guess we'll see then.

keep the coils, leafs/shackles, subframe setup, control arms (check the heims, the ones that come with the kit kinda suck, swap in some Johnny Joints). Ditch the trackbar they have, it sucks. toss a decent TB and steering setup on the front end and youll be good to go. if its got things like a SYE/driveshaft and the drivetrain is mechincally good, thats a pretty good deal and starting point. money you save can be used for other upgrades on it.

ive got whats left of the 8" RR kit. im only running the parts that i listed in my first post (springs, subframe, arms). i ditched the truss that comes with the 8" kit (destroyed 2 of them), all control arms have Johnny Joints now and i welded cups onto the ends of the UCA's so they bolt up to the 30 like a stock arm. i like the why it works and have no problems with it now. it gets the crap beaten outta it and asks for more.

Back