• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Shaking Brakes

pikey77

NAXJA Forum User
Not always but allot of the time when I touch the brakes at highway speeds I'll get a pretty good shake as it slows from like 70 down through 50 or so MPH. I'm guessing its just a warped rotor but could it be anything else?

Also I'm certain the front pads are due for replacement...any body got any opinions on good bads/rotors?

Not always but allot of the time when I touch the brakes at highway speeds I'll get a pretty good shake as it slows from like 70 down through 50 or so MPH. I'm guessing its just a warped rotor but could it be anything else?

Also I'm certain the front pads are due for replacement...any body got any opinions on good bads/rotors?

IF the shaking is in the brake pedal and not the steering wheeling, than the issue is most likely a warped rotor. New rotor... new pads.

X2 on warped rotors and worn out pads. Just changed mine out and she drives smooth as glass... well as smooth as a jeep can atleast haha

The shaking is in the steering wheel but a bit of pulsing in the pad as well

Well, before you throw parts it, make certain your steering components are tight.

You might be able to save cash by taking your rotors to a service shop or even some parts stores and have them turned on a lathe if there is enough material left on the rotors. Its about 10 to 15 bucks a rotor and they work as good as new with new brake pads...... also ceramic pads are nice to have they wear good and keep heat down and they don't squeal. Good luck.

Back