• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

whackers...

SanDiegoOverland

NAXJA Forum User
If one were to add only bushwackers to a small 2-3" lift, what would you guys say would be the optimal tire?

Assuming you bumpstopped it and ran a narrow tire to maintain your turning circle?

31-10.5's?

33-10.5's?

35-12.5's?

these would be on 15" rims

I've run 32-11.50"s and now 33-12.50"s on 15x10" Mickey Thompson classicII rims with 3-5/8" backspacing, I think if your going run a more narrow tire you should get a rim that's going to give you a wider stance(less back spacing) to make up for narrow tire.

My .02

Last edited:
33's min 35's to look the best... i have done both, and seen less, and that has been my conclusion

I've run 32-11.50"s and now 33-12.50"s on 15x10" Mickey Thompson classicII rims with 3-5/8" backspacing, I think if your going run a more narrow tire you should get a rim that's going to give you a wider stance(less back spacing) to make up for narrow tire.

My .02

Thanks for the info. A local guy has Bw'ers and a small bastard pack lift with 33's 12.5's too, and it looks really nice. He says he lost a bit of turning circle, but that he runs gr. cherokee LCA's to help with that.

Also he says he loves coming up to a rut or rock garden and having peoples jaws drop when he droops all over the place, while looking fairly tame with 33's tucked into his wheelwells.

i had 31x10.5 on a stock xj with bushwackers and little rub every now and then. and now i have 33x11.5 with a 4in lift looks good and no rub except turning sometimes if the jeeps at a weird angle

Back