• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

cant find correct front hub / bearing

xj-cj

NAXJA Forum User
my 1990 xj uses 1989 hubs with the rear seal ( one wasted parts store run ) but the correct hub is about a 1/4'' to short.with the rotor installed it hits the dust shield.parts store is now closed do i need a 89 rotor to match the off set ?

Are you sure the dust shield is not just bent? Have you compared the old hubs to the new hubs on a flat surface to see if they are identicle or not?

If they are not identicle then yes, you have a problem.

Rotors should be identicle too. When the hub design changed so did the rotor design.....they need to be matched up to work properly.

yea my dust shield is ok ,very strange the original hub looks like an 89 style that has the rear seal but the original rotor hat depth measures the same as a 90 .the 89 rotor is not as deep.the original hub is a 1/4 " taller than 2 1989 styles that i have checked at autozone and advance will also check carquest and napa on monday, even tried all 89 parts, hub and rotor which place the rotor within a 1/8" of original setup and dosent hit the dust shield but the 89 combo will offset my tire / rim 3/8 "inward compared to the drivers side. starting to drive me crazy a 2hr hub swap turned into 2 days so far had to dust off the the cj for a dd till i fix this mess.anybody know if yj parts are the same?

Back