• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

OEM Parts

If you are talking genuine Mopar parts it varies, mostly where I can find what I want for a 20 year old XJ. Google "mopar discount parts online".

If you are talking replacements for OEM parts then rockauto.com, I am however a price-whore and will shop for the lowest price with shipping.

Yeah I will too, I was just wondering what everyone on here preferred

One of the parts I need to get is the steering wheel column and a wheel and I would like to get the oem parts if I can help it

jeep "powered by trademotion"

Google that as it appears, including the quotes; it'll pull up pretty much every Mopar parts department available online. From there it's just a case of comparison shopping based on either price or availability.

Probably not, but if you're going to the trouble of swapping steering columns, replacing the ignition switch won't take much time at all.

Probably not, but if you're going to the trouble of swapping steering columns, replacing the ignition switch won't take much time at all.

Or, on your way home from the salvage yard (sounds so much better than junk yard, besides, junk yards are for Chevys right?) stop in at your local favorite locksmith (a real locksmith) and have him/her (gotta be PC) re-key the "new" column to match your old keys.

I prefer "Used Parts Emporium" That should please the "politically correct" crowd. Those guys are trying to convince us that you can pick up a turd by the clean end!!!!

FYI - we just picked up a column off ebay. If the ebay column went too high, we were going to AMC4x4. They rebuild steering columns. (Could be one of the reasons why decent salvage yard cores are hard to find around here.) AMC4x4 is not as cheap as ordinary salvage yards, but I've always found them to do a good job.

While we found some salvage yards have columns, with keys, most of the columns are missing something important like the spring in the horn or the steering wheel.

Back