• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Aussie Locker Tolerances

BADaXJ

NAXJA Forum User
I bought a D30 aussie used from a friend. I helped him install it when he bought it so i'm not worried about that but we never checked the tolerances because he didn't care. i want to check them when i put it in my rig but i don't have the directions... does anybody have an electronic copy of their installation instructions? i think i understand the center gap measurement but it says to use feeler gauges for the spacer tolerance. is there a way to do it with a micrometer? also, are these the correct specs?
Center gap (SPEC= .145- .170)
between spacers and pinion shaft (SPEC=.006-.020)

and one last thought, i remember seeing a tolerance for cross pin wear... does anyone have specs on that (new part dimensions)?
Thanks!

Last edited:
I have my directions in paper format, i'll scan them and email to you if needed?? Or i can just give you the Specs you asked about?? Let me find them in the garage...i know i have em.

Those specs are right. When i installed mine i used a pair of dial calipers at first then went back and did it with feeler gauges. I cant find the tolerance for pin wear though.

i just found the generic install at their website but it obviously doesn't have the pin wear numbers... i understand the gap measurements better after reading it but it doesn't seem likely that i'll be able to get the calipers in there for the spacer tolerance. maybe i'm wrong though? thanks for the help! if the directions you have are just the generic ones and not D30 specific, then i have a copy. Thanks again

i just found the generic install at their website but it obviously doesn't have the pin wear numbers... i understand the gap measurements better after reading it but it doesn't seem likely that i'll be able to get the calipers in there for the spacer tolerance. maybe i'm wrong though? thanks for the help! if the directions you have are just the generic ones and not D30 specific, then i have a copy. Thanks again

Just went down to the garage and found my paperwork. I found both sets of paperwork for my front AND rear (D30 & 8.25) they are the same...so i guess you got it.

Back