• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Rough Rider

XJwheelman

NAXJA Forum User
I have a 4" RockRunner Superlift in my 96 XJ. The on-road handling is really rough. I just recently installed a Rancho RS9000XL adjustable shock system. The angle on my control arms is really steep and I have been reading about the R.C. Control Arm drop brackets. Is this something I can just bolt up to my existing lift? and does anyone know if it will actually help?

The R.C. drop brackets should work with any lift set up that uses the short arms. But if your complaint is a bad ride you might want to go to a long arm set up like the one BDS has to offer, it is more expensive than others long arm setups but it is bulletproof. In my opinion it would be worth the money in the long run.

I have a 4" RockRunner Superlift in my 96 XJ. The on-road handling is really rough. I just recently installed a Rancho RS9000XL adjustable shock system. The angle on my control arms is really steep and I have been reading about the R.C. Control Arm drop brackets. Is this something I can just bolt up to my existing lift? and does anyone know if it will actually help?

I tried using RC's drop brackets with 4" lift and it barely fit. You need at least 4.5" or higher. There were some issues I had to work around but if I had to do it again i would have just gone with this:

http://www.roughcountry.com/jeep_xj_689U.html

And yeah, the drop brackets will help TREMENDOUSLY! The ride improvement was night and day when I slapped it on. It was even better after the long arms were on.

Back