• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Which Side?

jeepnfreak

NAXJA Forum User
I am putting an amp in the back of my 1992 Limited run off the factory head unit. I need to tap into the rear gate speaker wires before they get to the gate. In doing due dilligence I found some replies that said left side others right. I have wires going in both sides I am guessing some are tag lights, rear wiper, and defrost. I just want to be pretty sure before I start hacking in. I am okay on the colours just need the location. Thanks Don

Place the amp under the drivers side of the rear seat, right by that little cross brace under the seat behind the plastic trim is the bundle of wires running back for the speakers and everything else.

Thanks for replieing. I will look for the wire there. That space is used by the cd changer but if I can tap in would be easy enough to extend to the other side.

Back