• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

part ID

2stix

NAXJA Forum User
can someone tell me what the little oval canister is that sits behind the passenger side front bumper? it has a vacume line connected to it all the way from the intake manifold, but i cant see anything returning. the vacume line is coming from were the brake power booster vacume line normally goes. i am removing the weird 89 antilock stuff and installed a 95 booster. but want to know if i can use that same port on the intake and "T" it off for whatever this canister is, so they share the same vacume port.

That's a vacuum reservoir. Keep it, or your cruise control will go flaky, your HVAC controls may not work at idle/except on the highway, and your EGR valve may not operate properly.

wow, thanks for the quik reply. i have no problem keeping it. i just need to know if i can install a "T" at the intake manifold and put the large vacume line from the booster to it aswell.

Oh, misread that. Yeah it should be fine - just make sure the line going from the T to the manifold is the same size as the line to the booster, otherwise you may not get enough flow to the booster.

Back