• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Trackbar Problem (help)

leoxj01

NAXJA Forum User
Hello everyone... i need some help here

I´m running a 4,5" lift and the Iron Rock (double sheer) Adjustable trackbar but it hits the diff cover when i hit a bump (it´s a hard hit) because i have a front D44.

Can i heat the bar to bent it in other shape and avoid it form hitting the diff cover???

or what do you guys recomend??? i don´t want to add more lift to the xj.

thanks in advance.

Last edited:
Call IRO and talk with them. I have their bar and a low lift and had the same issue. Shipped it back and they increased the bend. Do that first, and if it still hits then consider bumpstops.

Call IRO and talk with them. I have their bar and a low lift and had the same issue. Shipped it back and they increased the bend. Do that first, and if it still hits then consider bumpstops.

I forgot to mention i´m not in the US. I can´t ship the bar to them and if i add bumpstop it won´t flex at all...

can i heat the bar to bent it ??

I wouldn't heat it personally, it will weaken the metal. Either bend it cold or heat it then retemper it afterwards.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but it appears from the website the the bracket is offset to the rear of the vehicle, offsetting it to the front may help. I had this issue with my 44, and just made a new bracket. If you can't make your own you could try buying a different bracket. I'm not sure this would fix your problem but it may help.
This is what I'm referring to.
This...
IMG_7532.jpg

vs. this.
xjtbbracket1.png

Back