• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

BFG KM2 worth the wait?

EFR98XJ

NAXJA Forum User
Hey all. After yesterday's snow here in Illinois I decided to get rid of my BALD CLAWS... Wanted to hold of till spring but its just too dangerous to drive on. Went to Tire Rack and found out 33x12.5 KM2s arent available till 3/10/10. Is there any other tire thats comparable? OR better? Thanks

I got 33/10.5/15. I love them. I live in central AK and they work great in the snow and dirt, and probably mud, I will see when it thaws up here. I studded them to get more traction on ice and I don't have problems. Last weekend we were wheeling and I out climbed a rubicon unlimited and I have a open front end! he had the claws and I had KM2s.

33x10.5 BFG MT KM2's? :dunno:

Just bought mine a couple of days ago from Costco. They have a $60 off a set of 4 deal going on right now. Worked out to $158.99 per tire. Tire Rack's price wasn't even close (when you factor in shipping). Costco also had a set of 33x12.5's in stock, sitting on the showroom floor, but I didn't check the price. I'd at least check them out if you have one nearby...

As for another tire... The Goodyear Wrangler MT/R w/ Kevlar is supposed to be a great tire as well. I would have tried them out if they had them in a 33x10.5. Tire Rack even has a $80 off a set of 4 deal going on right now!

run them on my dd tj and they perform awesome. ive got them in the 35" flavor

$60 off!? Going to call Costco to see if they have any 12.5 in stock. You guys mind posting what 10.5 looks like on your rigs?

I'm going to look at the Good Years too. My rig is mainly DD... Sees action once a month till it snows.

You guys mind posting what 10.5 looks like on your rigs?

I'm going to look at the Good Years too. My rig is mainly DD... Sees action once a month till it snows.

Do I mind? Thought you'd never ask! (Front bumper on the way...)

17852_1244292065266_1168314771_30601352_2776096_n.jpg

I'm told that they work a lot better in snow than the older BFG M/T's, but I prefer an aggressive A/T tire. I'm not really into crawling, more dunes/sand, and light mud. And the Dueler A/T's do just fine.

I'm told that they work a lot better in snow than the older BFG M/T's, but I prefer an aggressive A/T tire. I'm not really into crawling, more dunes/sand, and light mud. And the Dueler A/T's do just fine.

I went from several sets (years) of BFG AT's to KM2's. On road handling seems identical to me. I had the center lugs of the KM2's siped, which helps I'm sure. I drive in the rain all the time. They haven't seen much time in the snow this year other than ski resort parking lots. So far, they've been great. Noise doesn't appear any different to me either.

The only very noticeable difference is a street that I drive on with streetcar tracks running down the lane. My rig is all over the place when driving on those. I can't think of any other real world situation that that problem would mimic.

I've got some BFG M/T KM1 33/10.5's and I am wanting to switch to the 12.5's. They seem to track all over on the roads. The contact patch isn't very wide for how tall the tire is. The wider tire would seem to track better with a mud tire.
I did have 10.5's in the A/T in 31's and they were much better for keeping the line on the road. Maybe the KM2's would prove better for DD anyways?!
Just my $0.02 from someone who drives them everyday.

ive been disappointed with mine. theyve gotten chewed up a lot quicker than the old km1s and have left me with more to be desired in the snow (though mine arent siped). wish i wouldve spent the little extra coin on the goodyear mtrs.

I've loved my 35 km2's! Seen snow, mud, and moab. Much quieter on the road than the MTZs on my 01. I haven't liked those tires AT ALL. Maybe that's just me...

Back