• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Clayton adjustable trac bar w/no bracket

I was told it could be mounted either way...through the stock trac bar bracket or through the drop bracket.
Also through the link, it shows the trac bar mounted directly to the stock mount.

I have no idea about the Claton bar, but my JKS trackbar is mounted the same way.

Try calling the manufacture and see if it will wok for you. Im betting it wont, but worth a shot.

It also has a fairly limited range of travel as pictured.Nice part of most HD brackets is going to a horizontal pivot thats "In-line" with the motion of travel.What alot of "cheaper" systems dont deal with is the "front to Back" and "rotational" movement of the axle.

True, but with that little amount of lift do i really even have another option? If i put the HD drop bracket on it wouldn't fit, or atleast it seems...After the lift and the install (if everything fit correctly) i will weld some tabs on to get the most out of the trac bar, otherwise it will stay as is. I am just really trying to avoid the relocation bracket.

True, but with that little amount of lift do i really even have another option? If i put the HD drop bracket on it wouldn't fit, or atleast it seems...After the lift and the install (if everything fit correctly) i will weld some tabs on to get the most out of the trac bar, otherwise it will stay as is. I am just really trying to avoid the relocation bracket.

There shouldn't be one,check out Kevin's Offroad,they just do vertical drops on a stock bracket,one of the better systems out there.

I wish i would of seen Kevins before buying my trac bar.
What i meant to word it as, is that i don't want to drop the factory trac bar, I would like an adjustable one. I found this for a good price never used, but not bought direct from Clayton but from a private seller.
Just trying to see if i could get this to work under my rig w/three inches of lift, w/no dw. Iam trying to lift it over a weekend and have pieced together a lift, this is the only part i am not positive will work.

Most kits do not drop the trackbar......?

for anyone searching this question:

The adjustable trackbar without the drop bracket should work from 3-5
inches. After that we add the drop trackbar bracket and its go from 5-8
inches of lift.

Assuming you have a TJ/LJ/XJ or ZJ. The WJ trackbar is different and is good
from 1-6 inches of lift.

Clayton Off Road mfg.

Back