• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Stupid Diff Question

Hobie164

NAXJA Forum User
So I just bought a 1994 two door XJ 6cyl 4x4. I am good friends with all the Currie boys so they are setting me up with everything I could ever need.

What should I do for lockers? I am going to talk with the Curries about it but they are all up at the Hammers event and I am just curious to see what you all have to say.

www.wantmoto.com

Lucky....

I run a rear ARB and front Lock-Right, but if I could have anything it would be a front and rear OX Locker!

If price is of no concern, go for the best:

ARB--air.

OX Locker--cable.

Auburn/Eaton--electric.

If money matters:

Aussie

Ive seen way more "issues" with an "OX" vs an "ARB".Most ARB owners complain about either problems resulting from a bad install or airline issues,both of these are easily overcome.

Dont think there would be any issues though if the currie guys were behind the install :D

Ive seen way more "issues" with an "OX" vs an "ARB".Most ARB owners complain about either problems resulting from a bad install or airline issues,both of these are easily overcome.

No dog in this fight (I have two Aussies--one for the D30 and my Red Heeler Katie), but the only "issues" I have seen with the OX Lockers are maintenance--the owners never perform maintenance on the cables. Of course, the same owners never perform maintenance on their drum brakes or adjust their parking brake cables either. :D

All I know is I have 3 ARB's and after 10yrs the only issues I have had has been with the "bulkhead" fitting in the axles.My early fixes were exactly what ARB does currently.I haven't had an actual "locker" issue ever!

All I know is I have 3 ARB's and after 10yrs the only issues I have had has been with the "bulkhead" fitting in the axles.My early fixes were exactly what ARB does currently.I haven't had an actual "locker" issue ever!

They are a great locker, no question about that.

Can you post up some pics of the 6x6 XJ, never seen one! Oh, maybe you meant three lockers in two or more vehicles? I did see a picture once of a 6x6 CJ, back in the 60~70s in a 4 wheel mag--looked cool.

The only real cause of issues with either locker is improper setup. Both lockers will be reliable if installed correctly.

Back