• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

So heres the problem..

89cherokeexj

NAXJA Forum User
I got a 91 4.0L 5spd XJ. I been having a small issue, but annoying one, and I'd really really like to get it fixed. Ill explain what it does and I hope that someone can point me in a direction.

The Jeep runs and drives fine first of all. Its just that when I come up to a stop sign, stop light, or push the clutch down the idle goes up to 2k plus. As the vehicle coasts the idle will stay that high, and when you stop it will continue to idle high for about 3 sec, and then the idle slowly goes back down to normal? Im lost

Your idle speed should be 700~750 RPMs after an initial surge on cold startups.

Search for IAC, TPS, and throttle body. You will need to use Google as the Naxja search engine doesn't do 3-character or less searches. There is a sticky on searching when you first enter the OEM forum, it tells you how to use Google and filter the results for Naxja entries.

only thing about that is that the tps and the iac are both new...

only thing about that is that the tps and the iac are both new...

Keeping secrets now, are we? :D

Ok, remove the intake tube and see if the throttle plate is secure in its shaft.

Check its movement through the full throttle range and see if/where it is hanging up.

Post back.

PS--was the reason the IAC and TPS are both new the same symptoms you now have?

Back