• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

CB Install

skullcandy

NAXJA Forum User
am going to put in a cb in my 97' jeep cherokee and a speaker as well and was wondering if anyone has pics post them or where a good idea might be to put it i already have the ant located on the rear drivers side will post pic soon of that

really depends one the size of the radio and the outfit of your jeep. Also where do YOU want it haha. I have an overhead console and bought a small uniden CB, it fits up there nicely.

I have a small Radio shack CB and it fit nicely where the ashtray goes.
IM000741.jpg

I have a small Radio shack CB and it fit nicely where the ashtray goes.
IM000741.jpg

Grenade t-case shifter. I LOVE IT! Gotta find me a dud grenade and do that!

yea it is a midsize midland a lil bigger then the radioshack one i want it out of the way but where i can see it to change the channel

really depends one the size of the radio and the outfit of your jeep. Also where do YOU want it haha. I have an overhead console and bought a small uniden CB, it fits up there nicely.

is that a 97' and where did it come with that overhead pannel

yes it is a 97'. I believe the overhead console was just another feature you could add from the factory. i just cut out the sunglasses holder and garage remote.

On my 89' I got some newer style sun visors then mounted the cb between them....
cb2-19-2008005.jpg

This is a really old pic but it gets the point across.

004.jpg

I no longer have carpet or that junk cobra CB. I have a Uniden Pro520XL now. Much better!

XJskibum, mine's mounted in exactly the same place. Kinda wish it wasn't because it gets in the way of my cupholders, but I can't think of a better place to mount it (I have an airhorn valve+pullchain in the OHC garage door remote compartment, otherwise it'd go up there)

has anyone tried to mount a smaller unit like a radio shack cb in the vent area above the ash tray?? and have the cb face flush with the dash?

Nope, but I have my Yaesu FT2800 (two meter Ham rig) installed in the factory stereo location. People usually look at it funny and ask me why my stereo has a microphone on it.

I cut out a mounting plate from some sheet metal, and mounted it between the visor clips and the headliner. Added a cb mount bracket to that, and voila, quick easy overhead cb mount.
jeep003.jpg

Back